Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New decoupage

Some of my clients and followers are amazed by how my items look like paintings;


this plaque is on sale in my etsy shop (clic on it)

It's one of the reason we call it New decoupage technique ...


This technique is based on the use of very thin paper like paper napkins, tissue paper, rice paper and other very thin papers;
(find amazing paper napkins in my second shop : http://squirrelstock.etsy.com)


of course these papers are very fragile and delicate and become even more fragile when they are in contact with the glue; so they winkle a bit but we have few technique to eliminate those winkles;

The first one is to gently rub on the winkle, the second is to heat it (when it's dry, with a low temperature iron) ; with this secret, you'll get a perfect 'collage' ;

Then it's a good thing to apply several coats of varnish (water base varnish is better).
Fell free to visit my other blog with a gallery of my artwork :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...