Friday, March 16, 2012

Savory crepes

Here is how I make my quick savory crepes ...
(I don't want to make some advertisement for Tupperware but it's an old Tupperware recipe that my mother teaches me!).
I hope you have one of those shaker!
...
Here is what you need:
- a tupperware shaker
- 250ml to 300ml of milk (1 cup)
- buckeat flour (about 1/3 of a real cup)
- wholewheat flour (about 1/4 of a real cup)
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- ingredients you want to make your crepes with, here I used lean turkey slice and Swiss cheese.

I measure my flour in the top of the shaker!
2/3 buckwheat - 1/3 wholewheat.


transfer on top of the milk.

 add the egg and pierce the yolk.

put the secret accessory!

 close the shaker firmly ...

and shake it up and down!

For cooking you need a crepes pan that you will oil lightly.
heat the pan on high...
 when it's hot pour a thin layer of the preparation; lower the heat on medium (to 8)
let cook..
 and flip it!

then garnish it
and fold it...

 and serve!
 Lightly re-oil your pan between each crepes.
 It makes 5 to 6 crepes...
Bon appetit!

For sugary crepes, use white/whole wheat flour.


9 comments:

  1. Hey This looks pretty good!!!! Will give it a try this weekend seeing as how my ranch dressing shaker is enpty!!! LOL

    Love OhEdith :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't have the shaker - will a blender work? Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it in a mixing bowl! I think the blender is a bit to fast! never tried!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK - maybe if I use the Pulse setting - we'll see!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my Tupperware shaker! My MIL makes crepes whenever we visit and she fills them with cheesecake filling and tops them with pie filling and whipped cream. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds and looks good. The nice thing is they can be customized easily! Thanks for the recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa, do these sound great or what? Thanks so much for sharing Syb!!! Will have to try this weekend!! YUM YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks this is just great - will try it tomorrow

    JoanHahn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...